I love homemade Larabars. They taste like a treat, but they’re really a healthy, energy-boosting snack. They trick my sweet tooth into thinking it’s gotten what it wanted, and I appreciate that.
This apple pie version of homemade protein bars is truly delicious. It tastes like apple pie, all the way down to the crust. You can shape them into bars like I did here, or if you prefer a smaller portion size you can shape them into 1-inch balls.
- 1½ cups walnuts
- 1 cup dried apples
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ginger
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and chop them until a paste is formed. Don’t chop them so much that you can’t see little bits of walnuts, apples, and dates.
- Test to see if the mixture binds together. If not, add a couple more dates.
- Transfer the mixture to a 7 x 7 inch or 8 x 8 pan lined with wax paper. Press down evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours and then cut it into 8 bars.
- Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Apple Pie Larabars Price Breakdown
The cost of this recipe is $5.23, or $.65 per serving. This is about half the cost of a store-bought Larabar, and these homemade apple pie Larabars taste even better.
If you enjoy these apple pie Larabars, check out this post that includes recipes for chocolate, banana, and mango Larabars. I also make Pumpkin Pie Larabars and Blueberry Lemon Larabars. I do love these delicious snacks!