This chocolate popcorn recipe is a delicious, healthy treat that will satisfy your chocolate craving. It’s great for a holiday gift!
Plain popcorn with coconut oil and salt is simple and delicious, but I like to sometimes mix in different flavors. In the fall I posted a recipe for pumpkin popcorn and during the holidays I shared my maple gingerbread popcorn. Here in the dark days of winter, all I really want is chocolate.
This chocolate popcorn is reminiscent of those chocolate cereals many of us enjoyed as children, and it satisfies the deepest chocolate cravings. But unlike chocolate sugar cereals, my recipe has no refined sugar and the list of ingredients is short and pronounceable.
- ½ cup organic popcorn kernels
- 3 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 ounce bittersweet baking chocolate (single ingredient: chocolate)
- 3 tbs. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Pop the popcorn. I use this air popper, but you can use whatever method you like.
- In a roasting pan or cookie sheet with sides, place the coconut oil, chocolate, maple syrup, salt, and cinnamon. Place the pan in the oven while it preheats and once everything is melted, stir to combine well.
- Add the popcorn to the chocolate mixture and stir to coat evenly. Bake for 6 minutes, stirring every two minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Chocolate Popcorn Recipe Price Breakdown
This recipe yields 13 cups of chocolate popcorn. The total cost is $1.64, or $.26 per 2-cup serving. This popcorn is the perfect healthy chocolate indulgence, and it makes a great gift.