Don’t miss Grapes from California’s Go with Grapes Twitter party on October 25, 2016 at 9 p.m. ET. Lots of great recipe ideas and prizes!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Grapes from California. All opinions are my own.
It’s hard to believe, but the holiday season is almost here. It sneaks up on me every year!
Food is at the center of many holiday gatherings, and grapes can be a great addition to your holiday table. From snacks and appetizers to main dishes and desserts, every type of holiday food can get a boost of flavor and nutrition from grapes.
99% of table grapes grown in the U.S. are from California, with fresh grapes available from May through January. So, you can enjoy Grapes from California throughout the holiday season! Green, black or red – it’s your choice. All three colors are a good source of antioxidants and other polyphenols.
Adding Grapes to Holiday Menus
There are so many unique ways to add grapes to your holiday table. Here are a few ideas:
• Green Salad: Don’t be afraid to put something sweet in your salad. Grapes add flavor, color, and crunch to a green salad.
• Chicken Salad: One of my family’s favorite chicken salad recipes is this version of chicken salad with grapes and almonds. The grapes add a flavor complexity that’s irresistible.
• Appetizers: Add grapes to your cheese board for a little savory/sweet combination, or serve skewers of grilled chicken and grapes for a hearty, flavorful appetizer. You can also put cream cheese and grapes on a cracker for a simple snack or appetizer.
• Roasted Fall Vegetables: Add grapes to your roasted fall vegetables for a surprising flavor boost. These Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Grapes are a great place to start.
• Wraps and Sandwiches: Grapes can be added to wraps and sandwiches for extra flavor and texture. Grapes, mozzarella, and fresh greens go together so well in a panini.
Visit Grapes from California for other delicious recipe ideas.
Go with Grapes Twitter Party
Join me on Twitter on October 25, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time for the Go with Grapes Twitter party. We’ll be sharing more ideas about how to enjoy grapes during the holidays, and there will be several chances to win prizes. Register here for the party, and follow along with @GrapesfromCA and #GoWithGrapes on the 25th. Prizes include 5 $25 gift cards and a bonus grand prize of $200.
See you at the Go with Grapes Twitter Party!