Homemade banana chips are a great substitute for candy in a healthy diet. They’re very easy to make, and you’ll wonder how they could possibly be good for you when you bite into one. They’re chewy, sweet, and very satisfying.
This recipe uses the oven to dehydrate the bananas, but a dehydrator would yield a similar result. These are great for snacking, and you can also use these banana chips to make homemade banana Larabars.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 ripe bananas
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Lightly coat 2 cookie sheets with the olive oil.
- Slice the bananas thinly and arrange them in one layer on the cookie sheets.
- Cook them in the oven for about 3 hours, until they’re dehydrated but not rock solid.
- Cool the banana chips on a wire rack. Store them in an airtight container.
Homemade Banana Chips Price Breakdown
This recipe yields 2 cups of banana chips, and it costs $1.23 to make. This comes out to $.21 per 1/3 cup serving. I hope you’ll give these homemade banana chips a try – they’re such a great treat!
Have you tried making your own dried fruit? I’d love to hear about your favorite kind in the comments.