This rainbow citrus slaw is a great antidote to the winter blahs. All the beautiful colors come together with a bright citrus dressing to remind us of the bounty of summer. This cleansing, raw, dairy-free, gluten-free salad is full of flavor. It’s the perfect side dish for lunch or dinner, and you can tell just by looking at it that’s it full of nutrients to keep you healthy.
- 1 lb. red cabbage
- 8 ounces Napa cabbage
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 3 carrots
- 2 scallions, chopped finely (white and green parts)
- 1½ tbs. lemon juice
- 1½ tbs. lime juice
- 2 tbs. honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- Grate the cabbage, peppers, and carrots.
- In a large bowl, place the grated vegetables and the scallions. Stir together.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, lime juice, honey, olive oil, and salt.
- Pour most of the dressing over the vegetables in the large bowl. Stir together, then taste it and see if you need the rest of the dressing. Refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors mingle. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Rainbow Citrus Slaw Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $6.42, and it makes 8 cups of rainbow slaw. This comes out to $.40 per ½ cup serving. Brighten your day with this delicious and beautiful rainbow citrus slaw.