This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
I love crepes for breakfast on a Sunday morning. They’re a delicious treat and a healthy way to start the day.
This recipe makes a big batch of at least 24 crepes, so unless you’re feeding a large crowd you can freeze some for another day. We usually set out a variety of fillings, including blueberries, strawberries, bananas, and sometimes chocolate sauce. I think these berry banana crepes are delicious with just the fruit filling, but my family likes to douse them with maple syrup.
Berry Banana Crepes
- 1 1/3 cups gluten-free flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups non-dairy milk or cow’s milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
Crepe Filling for 12 Crepes
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups sliced bananas
- Chocolate Sauce optional
- To make the crepes, mix together the batter the night before you plan to make them. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the first three ingredients. Slowly add the milk and ghee until combined.
- Refrigerate the batter overnight.
- In the morning, stir the batter and heat a bit of ghee or oil in your crepe pan over medium heat. Pour enough batter into the pan to make a thin crepe, swirling the pan around to cover evenly. When the bottom is beginning to brown (after about 2 minutes), carefully flip the crepe and cook the other side for about 10 seconds. If it’s difficult to flip, you may need to cook it a little longer. Once both sides are lightly browned, carefully remove the crepe from the pan and continue with the rest of the batter.
- To assemble, place the chopped fruit and chocolate sauce in the middle of the table.
- Give everyone one or two crepes at a time and select different filling combinations.
- Enjoy plain, with maple syrup, or with chocolate sauce.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Berry Banana Crepes Price Breakdown
This recipe costs $7.94 to make, including the chocolate sauce. I remember paying about that much for one lovely crepe at a crepe stand in Montreal last summer. My batch generates 12 crepes filled with fruit and chocolate, plus another 12 crepes to put in the freezer and save for a rainy day. These are a real bargain and a great way to start your day!
Check out my recipe for farm fresh savory crepes, too.