This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These healthy, soft blueberry banana oat bars are a delicious gluten-free snack or breakfast on the go. This healthy recipe make your house smell amazing!
I’m so excited about this recipe for Blueberry Banana Oat Bars. I’ve been wanting to add some new healthy “treat” snacks to my children’s lunchbox rotation because I’ve been stuck on muffins for a while.
Store-bought granola bars, even the organic ones, are so full of sugar and other unnecessary ingredients and preservatives. They also tend to be expensive and over-packaged.
These oat bars are simple to make and they cost a fraction of what you’d pay for granola bars at the grocery store (see price comparison here). The flavor of these bars is so delicious. They don’t last long in my house!
These blueberry banana oat bars are soft and fruity. Let them cool completely before cutting into bars, or else they may fall apart a bit. Store at room temperature, or freeze for later.
Try my blueberry chia seed muffins for another delicious, fruity snack.
Blueberry Banana Oat Bars
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk dairy or non-dairy
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 inch glass pan.
- Mash the banana in a large bowl. Add the applesauce, eggs, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fold in the blueberries and walnuts. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes and cool on a rack before cutting into bars.
Approximate Nutrition Info
If you like these bars, you may also enjoy my Pumpkin Cranberry Oat Bars. You’ll want to check out my favorite homemade Larabar recipes, too. It’s amazing how much money we can save by making things ourselves!