This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Chia coconut pudding is a healthy, filling recipe that tastes like dessert. Make chia pudding with coconut milk for a gluten-free, vegan treat!
Chia pudding is one of my favorite healthy snacks. It’s so filling because the chia seeds expand, and they thicken the pudding without any added starch.
We’ve gotten into the habit of making homemade coconut milk, which is very easy to do with a high-powered blender.
Most packaged coconut milk contains additives, so we feel better drinking a homemade version made with just coconut and water. It only lasts for a few days, though, and this pudding recipe is a great way to use it while it’s fresh.
Chia Coconut Pudding Tips
The trick to making chia coconut pudding without clumps is to whisk the seeds into the coconut milk slowly and stir periodically. The pudding starts to thicken right away, but you’ll want to refrigerate it for a few hours (or overnight) for the best results.
The flavor of this pudding is absolutely delicious, but you can play with it to come up with different combinations. A little cinnamon or lemon zest would make wonderful flavors, too. I like to top it with fresh berries and shredded coconut.
Chia Coconut Pudding
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (or more, as needed)
- 1 cup mixed berries for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the chia seeds. If you pour them in quickly, they’ll clump.
- Stir every few minutes for the first ten minutes, then refrigerate the mixture. Let it thicken for at least 3 hours, or as long as a few days.
- When ready to serve, divide the chia coconut pudding into 3 bowls or jars, and top with berries.
Coconut Chia Seed Pudding Price Breakdown
This recipe costs $2.59 to make using homemade coconut milk, or $.86 per serving. The cost per serving goes up to around $1.50 if you’re using canned coconut milk. Either way, this chia seed coconut pudding is a delicious, healthy snack that will fill you up until your next meal.
Here are some more chia pudding recipes that you’ll love:
Note: This recipe was originally published in 2015. It was updated in 2019.