This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This Ginger Lime Asian Slaw is a delicious, healthy side dish recipe that will get lots of vegetables onto your plate. It’s a great topping for tacos.
This recipe for ginger lime Asian slaw is a delicious, healthy way to highlight one of my favorite vegetables, Napa cabbage.
We get a lot of this from my farm share, and I always grab an extra one from the trade bin if I’m lucky enough to find one. Napa cabbage is more delicate and mild-flavored than other cabbages. It brings the perfect crunch to this Asian slaw recipe.
This slaw has a complex flavor, and the apples give it a nice sweetness. Serve it with a sandwich for lunch or put it aside fish or chicken for a nutritious, flavorful dinner. It’s also a great topping for fish tacos.
I like to dress this Asian slaw a few hours ahead of time so the flavors have time to deepen. The slaw will wilt a bit if you keep the leftovers in the refrigerator for a few days, but it still tastes delicious.
- 8 cups Napa cabbage thinly sliced (or combination of Napa and red cabbage)
- 3 carrots grated
- 1 apple grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs olive oil divided
- 1 tbs minced onion
- 1 tbs minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 tbs rice vinegar
- Combine the cabbage, carrots, apple, salt, and lime juice in a large bowl.
- In a medium skillet, cook the minced onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 5 minutes. Add the ginger and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- In a jar, mix the remaining tablespoon of olive oil with the honey and rice vinegar. Add the veggies from pan.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for an hour before serving. This will wilt a bit if you leave it in the refrigerator for a few days, but it still tastes great.
Ginger Lime Asian Slaw Price Breakdown
The total cost of this recipe is $4.57, or $.25 per half cup serving. If you’re looking for a way to make your lunch plate more interesting, this healthy Asian slaw will jazz it up with delicious flavor.
Looking for more frugal dinner recipes? Check out my post with 30 healthy dinner recipes for less than $1 per serving. What’s your favorite budget-friendly meal? Please let us know in the comments!