This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These healthy gluten free lemon raspberry muffins make a quick snack or breakfast on the go. The flavor is so bright and delicious!
I love the versatility and convenience of muffins. They’re great to have on hand for a quick snack or breakfast, so I always try to have some in my pantry or freezer.
Raspberry and lemon make one of my favorite flavor combinations. These gluten free lemon raspberry muffins are a popular quick, healthy snack in my house. The taste is so bright and summery.
These muffins are moist and delicious right out of the oven. The lemon zest gives them a great lemony flavor, and the raspberries add just the right amount of tanginess.
Gluten Free Lemon Raspberry Muffin Tips
I like to use fresh raspberries for these muffins. If you use frozen berries, they end up being too wet as a result of the extra moisture in the frozen berries. But if that’s all you have on hand, you can use the frozen berries and cut back a bit on the applesauce.
Blueberries can be substituted with equally delicious results. Again, fresh berries are best.
These gluten free lemon raspberry muffins taste best the day they’re made. Store the muffins at room temperature in an airtight container for up to two days. If you won’t eat them all within a couple days, you can freeze the extras for a day when you need to grab a quick snack. Simply defrost on the counter or in the oven.
Gluten Free Lemon Raspberry Muffins
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil cooled a bit
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup plain applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Zest of one lemon (about a teaspoon)
- Juice of one lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place cupcake liners in a greased muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, applesauce, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in the raspberries.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Place the muffin pan on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes, then carefully remove the muffins from the pan to cool completely on the cooling rack.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
This recipe costs a total of $7.52 to make, or $.63 per serving. Make these delicious muffins for a fun summer treat.
Check out my raspberry vanilla overnight oats for another delicious recipe that features fresh berries.
Note: This recipe was originally published in 2012, and it was updated in 2021.