This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Quick breakfasts are an essential part of family life. Weekday mornings tend to be early and rushed, but that doesn’t mean we can’t eat a healthy breakfast.
I like to stock up on homemade breakfast items so we don’t end up eating the same thing day after day. These homemade frozen waffles are so easy to heat up in the toaster, and they’re much tastier than packaged waffles.
Unlike store-bought freezer waffles, this homemade version has a short ingredient list that you can feel good about giving to your family. Serve these waffles with some fruit and pure maple syrup for a quick, nutritious breakfast. If you want to turn them into a treat, add some homemade berry sauce, chocolate sauce, or whipped cream.
Homemade Frozen Waffles
- 4 cups gluten-free flour or white whole wheat flour
- 2 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to just combine.
- Scoop a ladle full of batter onto a hot waffle iron and cook until light brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Place each cooked waffle on a cooling rack. When all the waffles are cooled, transfer them to a freezer bag. You can facilitate the defrosting process by putting a piece of wax paper between every 2 waffles.
- When ready to serve, place the frozen waffles in the toaster and toast until crisp. If you need a big batch, you can also defrost them in the oven on cookie sheets. (Yields 12 6-inch waffles)
Approximate Nutrition Info
Frozen Waffles Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $4.33 to make with white whole wheat flour ($.54 per serving) or $6.73 with gluten-free flour ($.84 per serving). Stock up on these homemade frozen waffles so you’ll have a quick, healthy breakfast on hand whenever you need it.