Spring Cobb Salad
This Spring Cobb Salad is a delicious burst of fresh produce. ($.99 per serving)
- 1/4 lb asparagus 8 spears, chopped
- 6 cups chopped lettuce mixed
- 1/4 lb small radishes about 6, sliced
- 1 carrot grated
- 3 scallions chopped
- 4 slices good-quality bacon cooked and chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs halved
- 2 tbs Gorgonzola (or other) cheese crumbles
- Citrus vinaigrette to taste
Boil a medium pot of water. Chop the asparagus into 1-inch pieces and place them in a fine-mesh strainer. Put the strainer in the boiling water for one minute, and then transfer the asparagus to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
Arrange the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl or on a platter, and add the cooked asparagus. Dress the salad with vinaigrette to taste and serve.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 170mg | Potassium: 237mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1854IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg