This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Making homemade snacks is a great step in the right direction when you’re transitioning to a real food lifestyle. Not only can you save money by making homemade snacks, you can also control the ingredients that get you from one meal to the next.
These homemade graham crackers are such an easy snack to make yourself. They’re quick to put together, and they taste much better than the packaged version.
These delicious crackers keep for several days, and they’re gluten-free and vegan. If you’re not avoiding gluten, try my whole wheat graham cracker recipe. Either way, I think you’ll love them!
Homemade Graham Crackers
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free flour
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a cookie sheet.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients and mix until a ball forms.
- Place the ball onto the cookie sheet. With a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a large rectangle about 1/4-inch thick. Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut the crackers into 2 1/2-inch by 2 1/2-inch squares. Pierce the tops of the crackers with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn off the oven after the 10 minute bake time and leave the crackers in the oven with the door ajar for an additional 5 minutes. This helps them to solidify without drying them out.
- Remove the crackers from the oven and re-cut them. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely before eating. Makes 20 crackers.
Homemade Graham Crackers Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $4.38, or $.22 per cracker. This is a great price for a healthy homemade snack that you can feel good about giving to your family.