People will gather around this healthy guacamole recipe at your next party. This delicious, filling appetizer is addictive even though it’s super healthy!
I always park myself next to the guacamole when I’m at a party. Every. Single. Time.
I don’t need a sit-down dinner or an elaborate spread of appetizers. I just want the chips and guacamole.
There’s something about the combination of avocado, onion, lime juice, and salt that gets me. And because all the ingredients are nutritious, I can feel good about eating lots and lots of guacamole.
This week’s Sunday Supper theme is game day recipes. With the biggest football game of the year coming up next weekend, lots of people are planning parties. This healthy guacamole recipe is just one of this week’s many Sunday Supper party recipes. You’ll find lots of other deliciousness at the bottom of this post from all around the web for your game day party planning.
Guacamole is one of those recipes that you really have to figure out for yourself. I’m providing my basic strategy, but I never make it exactly the same from one time to the next.
Consider this recipe a guide, an invitation to develop your perfect guacamole. You might like it with more salt or lime juice and less cilantro. Tomatoes may make the mixture more watery than you prefer. Hot sauce or cayenne pepper may be just the thing to make it shine for you. Taste as you go and adjust it to your preferences.
Healthy Guacamole Recipe
$.51 per serving
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic crushed (optional)
- 1 plum tomato diced (optional)
- dash of cayenne pepper optional
Cut the avocados in half and remove them from the skin. Chop the avocados and place them in a medium bowl. Mash them up a bit (or a lot) with a fork to get the desired consistency. Sprinkle with the salt.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir the mixture to combine well. Serve with chips or vegetable strips.
If you leave guacamole out for a while, it will begin to turn brown. To avoid this, store the guacamole properly until you’re ready to serve it. Place the mixture in an airtight container and press it down with a spoon. Pour a thin layer of water on top of the guacamole and then cover the container with the lid. The layer of water will keep the guacamole from turning brown in the fridge. When you’re ready to serve it, pour off the water. Give the guac a stir and transfer it to a serving bowl. (It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
Healthy Guacamole Recipe Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $4.10 including all the optional ingredients, or $.51 per ¼ cup serving. Try this healthy guacamole recipe for a delicious appetizer at your next party.
Appetizers and Sides
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Rolls by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buttermilk Battered Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cajun Okra Fries by Food Lust People Love
- Cheddar Sausage Balls by Tramplingrose
- Cheese Board and Baguettes Make for the Start of a Great Game Day Feast by Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Crabmeat Canapés by Meal Planning Magic
- Cheesy Sausage Dip by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Chicken Fajita Nachos by Sweet Mornings
- Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Corn Dog Muffins by Noshing With The Nolands
- Crock-Pot Bean Dip by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Deep Fried Pimento Cheese and Celery Bites by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Dill Pickle Dip by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fish Taquitos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings by Flippin’ Delicious
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe by Real Food Real Deals
- Hogs in a blanket by Cooking on the Ranch
- Hot Pork Roll and Cheese Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Nacho Waffle Fries by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Patatas Pobres for a Crowd by Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites by Family Foodie
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Rajas by Pook’s Pantry
- Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Thai Wings by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Smoky Blender Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Southwestern Eggroll Cups by A Gouda Life
- Southwestern Flatbread and a “Design Your Own Flatbread” Table by The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups by Palatable Pastime
- Sweet and Spicy Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Texas Caviar by Books n’ Cooks
- Tex-Mex Egg Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Thai Beef Taco Bites by Brunch-n-Bites
- Three Cheese Macaroni Bites by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders With Tangy Warm Cabbage Slaw by Taste And See
- Buffalo Chicken Chili by Monica’s Table
- Cheeseburger Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesy Cheesesteaks by Family Around The Table
- Emeril’s Chicken and Andouille Gumbo by The Texan New Yorker
- Game Day Chili by Our Good Life
- Handy Beef Buns by Get the Good Stuff
- Lahmacun – Turkish flatbread by Caroline’s Cooking
- New Jersey Sloppy Joe by kimchi MOM
- Pizza Pasta Bake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Italiano Sandwich by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Puerto Rican Pernil (Garlic Roast Pork) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ree’s Philly Cheesesteaks by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Cheese Bombers by Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Tuna Croquette Sliders with Avocado Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
Desserts and Drinks
- Chocolate Football Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix by Pies and Plots
- Game Day Mocktails by Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Football Potato Candy by Gluten Free Crumbley
- S’more Poutine by Desserts Required
- Super Duper Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn by Only Taste Matters
- Plus Big Game Party Recipes plus Sausage and Peppers Over Cheesy Grits by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.