This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Baked oatmeal is an easy, make-ahead breakfast that can be flavored all sorts of ways. I have a blueberry banana baked oatmeal recipe in my book, Conquering Your Kitchen. It’s one of my favorite recipes in the book.
Not everyone loves bananas like I do, though. Without the banana in my baked oatmeal, a substitute is needed to boost the flavor. This month’s Recipe Redux challenge calls for recipes that use spirits and extracts, and vanilla extract is the perfect substitute here.
Adding vanilla is a great way to flavor recipes without adding extra sugar. I like to make my own vanilla extract. The homemade version is a lot less expensive than the grocery store kind, and it makes a great hostess gift.
This berry vanilla baked oatmeal is a healthy, tasty breakfast treat. You can stir the ingredients together at night, and in the morning you just pop it in the oven.
Berry Vanilla Baked Oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup diced walnuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8x8 inch baking dish with butter or oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the egg, applesauce, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the oats, walnuts, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Stir in the berries.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until the oatmeal is set and no longer liquidy. Cool slightly, then cut it into four pieces to serve.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Berry Vanilla Baked Oatmeal Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $4.53, or $1.13 per serving. Berry Vanilla Baked Oatmeal is a healthy, flavorful addition to your breakfast rotation.