This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These delicious, healthy cherry peach bars are a great snack or breakfast on the go.
For 11 months of the year, my cherry pitter sits in a bin on a high shelf in my kitchen with other “occasional use” kitchen gadgets. But for about a month each year, that pitter gets a workout when cherries are in season.
Even with sale prices, cherries are still one of the most expensive types of produce we buy, but they’re so worth it. They’re a delicious treat that we enjoy on their own, as well as in recipes like this cherry chocolate cake and cherry chocolate smoothie bowl.
These cherry peach bars are gluten-free and dairy-free, and they perfectly highlight the fresh peach and cherry flavors. These bars are just sweet enough, so you could eat them for breakfast or as a snack.
I like to arrange the fresh cherries and peaches in a diagonal pattern on top of the base. This insures that you’ll get both cherry and peach in every bar.
Cherry Peach Bars
Ingredients for the Base
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
Ingredients for the Topping
- 12 ounces fresh cherries
- 2 peaches
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- To make the base, combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Stir the wet ingredients together in a small bowl and then mix them into the dry ingredients.
- Press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Pit the cherries and remove the pits from the peaches.
- In a food processor, coarsely chop the cherries. Place the cherries in diagonal stripes across the base layer.
- In a food processor, coarsely chop the peaches. Place the peaches in diagonal stripes across the base layer where there is space between the cherry stripes. This will allow each square bar to have cherries and peaches in it.
- Combine the remaining ingredients to make the crumb topping, and distribute on top of the fruit.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, and let cool completely before cutting.
Cherry Peach Bars Price Breakdown
At $3.99 a pound on sale, these cherries are a splurge for me. This recipe costs $9.61 to make, or $.53 per bar. These bars are a delicious, healthy snack or breakfast on the go.