This healthy tropical granola recipe is full of fruit flavor and sweet, crunchy whole grains. It’s delicious for breakfast or a snack, and it tastes great with yogurt.
Tropical fruit makes me happy in the winter.
I rarely travel to warm places during the winter months, but somehow mango and pineapple help me to get through it. It’s all about finding the right distractions.
This healthy tropical granola recipe is such a treat for breakfast on a busy morning. I love the sweet and tart flavors of the dried fruit along with the crunchiness of the whole grains. Trader Joe’s is a great place to get dried fruit that isn’t covered with sugar, and you can also make your own with a dehydrator or low-temp oven. This banana chip recipe is an easy one to try.
This recipe is a step up from boxed cereal, but it’s just as quick to serve. Sprinkle some tropical granola over yogurt or top it off with some milk for a sweet treat in the morning. You can also store it in a small container and bring it with you for an easy, healthy snack. Either way, this is just the thing to distract you from winter.
Try some of my other easy granola recipes for variety at breakfast time.
Healthy Tropical Granola Recipe
- 3 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice crisp cereal
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, etc.)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbs pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped dried banana
- 1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped dried mango
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown rice cereal, and nuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup, pineapple juice, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and stir to cover evenly. Taste the mixture and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9 by 13 inch baking dish and gently press it down to make one even layer. Bake for 60 to 75 minutes. The granola should bind together and feel almost solid to the touch. It will continue to harden as it cools. (I give it the full 75 minutes.)
- Remove the granola from the oven and let it cool completely before breaking it apart. Transfer the granola to a large bowl and stir in the dried fruit and shredded coconut. Store it in an airtight container.
Healthy Tropical Granola Recipe Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $9.65 to make, or $.80 per serving. Try this healthy tropical granola for a sweet treat in the winter that will remind you of summertime.