This hearty breakfast casserole recipe is a delicious all-in-one dish to serve for brunch. It’s easy to make ahead of time and bake when you need it.
This breakfast casserole is the perfect all-in-one dish to serve at a potluck brunch. It’s very hearty and flavorful, and you can vary the vegetables according to what you have on hand. Many people would add cheese to a dish like this, but it’s not necessary with all the other flavors working together so well in this casserole. I use yogurt to give this dish a fluffy texture.
- 2 cups whole wheat bread cubes
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 6 ounces breakfast sausage or bacon sliced or broken into bite-sized pieces
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 11/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbs. diced scallions
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Spread the bread cubes evenly in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Blanch the asparagus for a minute or two in boiling water, until just tender. Place the asparagus in the baking dish on top of the bread.
- Add the chopped sausage or bacon to the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, mustard powder, and salt. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the scallions on top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until eggs are set. Serve warm.
Breakfast Casserole Price Breakdown
The total cost of this recipe is $6.92, or $.87 per serving. This casserole is a wonderful dish to serve for brunch, and the crowd will love it.