This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Broccoli has always been one of my favorite vegetables, and this Broccoli Soup is a delicious way to enjoy it. Rich in vitamins, minerals, and calcium, broccoli is a powerhouse veggie that will help keep you healthy. We typically serve it plain as a side dish, but it’s nice to have other options to enjoy. If your children are hesitant about broccoli, add a bunch of grated cheese to this recipe and they may surprise you by asking for seconds.
This soup freezes well. Store it in 2 to 4 cup containers and grab one on your way out to work. Alternately, you can heat it up in the morning and put it in your child’s lunchbox for school.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbs chives chopped
- 1 lb medium head broccoli, chopped
- 6 cups broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- In a large pot, sauté the scallions in the olive oil over medium heat until soft. Add the garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add the chives, broccoli, and broth. Bring just to a boil, then simmer gently for 25 to 30 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. Stir in the milk and salt, and taste the soup to see if it needs additional seasoning.
- Serve warm, and garnish with grated cheese if desired.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Broccoli Soup Price Breakdown
This recipe yields 6½ cups of soup and it costs a total of $3.40, or $.57 per one-cup serving. Broccoli Soup is a delicious, healthy side dish that goes well with many different types of meals.