This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This Cherry Tomato Ricotta Pasta is a delicious way to feature those little tomato gems that hit the markets in the middle of summer. This dish is simple and basic, but it tastes like a fancy restaurant meal.
We returned from vacation a few weeks ago on the eve of my husband’s birthday. I had little energy for cooking a birthday dinner as I faced a nearly empty pantry and refrigerator. I did have a pretty pint of cherry tomatoes from the farm, though, which reminded me of a pasta recipe I used to make from Mark Bittman’s Kitchen Express. That recipe inspired this dish, and my family loved it.
One of these days, you really should try making your own ricotta. I know it sounds like a big thing that only highly ambitious cooks would bother to do. That couldn’t be further than the truth, though.
It’s so simple to make homemade ricotta. It only takes a matter of minutes, and you will not believe how easy it is. You’ll wonder what took you so long to try it. All you need are two basic ingredients, and it’s so delicious. Ricotta is the ingredient that gives this dish its special quality, although the cherry tomatoes are a highlight, too.
Cherry Tomato Ricotta Pasta
- 1 lb whole wheat or gluten-free pasta
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp diced garlic
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 tbs snipped fresh basil leaves
- In a large pot, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the garlic. Cook over low heat for a minute, until tender. Add the cherry tomatoes and cover the skillet. Cook over medium-low heat until a few tomatoes start to crack. Keep an eye on the garlic, and turn the heat down to low if it’s starting to brown.
- Add the butter and melt it in the pan with the tomatoes.
- Add the cooked, drained pasta, then add the ricotta. Stir everything together.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with basil and serve.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Cherry Tomato Ricotta Pasta Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $4.41 to make, or $1.10 per serving. It’s easy to make this gourmet-quality cherry tomato ricotta pasta at home. Your family will love it!