This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Homemade ricotta is one of the easiest recipes you’ll ever make. This Instant Pot ricotta recipe costs much less than store-bought ricotta, and it tastes delicious!
Homemade ricotta cheese couldn’t be easier to make. It’s as simple as heating up some milk, adding an acid, and waiting a minute for the magic to begin.
An Instant Pot makes it even easier than my stove top homemade ricotta. The yogurt setting on the Instant Pot heats the milk up to the required 180 degrees, so all you have to do is add the vinegar and strain the mixture.
Watch this short video to see just how simple it is to make ricotta:
Instant Pot Ricotta
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 tbs white vinegar
- Pour the milk into the Instant Pot, close the lid, and set the vent to Sealing.
- Press the Yogurt button and press Adjust until you see Boil.
- Let the pot run the boil cycle. When it beeps, it means the milk has reached 180 degrees. Remove the top.
- Remove the inner pot to a trivet and pour the vinegar into the milk. Stir briefly. You’ll see the ricotta separating from the liquid. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the ricotta mixture to a fine mesh strainer lined with butter muslin. Let the liquid drain for a couple minutes, and add a sprinkle of salt if desired. Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate.
Instant Pot Ricotta Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $.82 to make, and it yields about 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces). This comes out to $.07 per ounce ($.55 per cup). This is less than half the cost of store-bought ricotta, and the homemade version is so fresh and delicious! Try this recipe the next time you’re making something that calls for ricotta. You’ll never go back to the packaged version.
Pin it here: