This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These gluten free cranberry muffins are such a delicious snack! This is an easy, healthy recipe that’s full of fall flavor.
Cranberries are our state fruit here in Massachusetts, and I love stocking up on them when they’re on sale in the fall. They’re a celebrated item on our Thanksgiving table in the form of cranberry sauce, and they also make their way into our snacks during the fall.
The tart flavor of cranberries works so well in breads and muffins. These gluten free cranberry muffins have a delicious contrast in flavors. The sweetness of orange juice and the zing of the cranberries make a great combination.
I like to chop the cranberries for better distribution in my muffins. Biting into a full cranberry can be a bit much, but they’re delicious in smaller doses.
If you want an even stronger orange flavor, you can add a bit of fresh orange zest to the batter along with the cranberries. Chopped walnuts make a nice hearty addition, too.
These cranberry orange muffins are wonderful for everyday snacking, but they also make a great addition to a bread basket at Thanksgiving. Since they’re not too sweet, they fit right in with a savory holiday feast.
Gluten Free Cranberry Muffins
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a standard muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, syrup, orange juice, and coconut oil. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine evenly.
- Fold in the chopped cranberries. Transfer the batter to the muffin pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Approximate Nutrition Info
Gluten Free Cranberry Muffins Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $6.43 to make, or $.54 per muffin. Try these healthy gluten free cranberry muffins for a delicious taste of fall!