This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These cranberry apple muffins are a delicious, healthy fall snack. This recipe would make a great addition to the bread basket on Thanksgiving.
Cranberry is one of my favorite fall flavors. Here in Massachusetts, it’s actually our state fruit, with lots of cranberry bogs in harvest mode this time of year. I can get cranberries for a great price throughout the fall at my local grocery stores. I like to stock up so I have them in the freezer when I need them.
Cranberries are very tart on their own, so it’s a good idea to match them with a sweeter fruit. Apples are in season at the same time, making them the perfect complement.
These cranberry apple muffins are such a delicious combination of tart and sweet. I use my food processor to finely chop the cranberries and apples. This allows for an even distribution of fruit throughout each muffin. Nobody wants to be surprised by a super tart bite of cranberry in the middle of a muffin.
Cranberry Apple Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil cooled a bit
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium apple peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup cranberries chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin pan (or line with cupcake liners).
- Melt the coconut oil and give it a few minutes to cool while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, apple cider, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix to just combine. Then stir in the chopped cranberries and apples.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared muffin pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Start checking the muffins at around the 20 minute mark, and then keep checking every minute or two. If you leave them in the oven too long, they’ll be dry. I personally like to err on the side of undercooked rather than overcooked.
- Cool the muffins on a wire rack. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
Cranberry Apple Muffins Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $6.76 to make, or $.56 per muffin. Try these cranberry apple muffins for a healthy taste of fall!