This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This easy roasted vegetable medley is a delicious side dish fit for Thanksgiving dinner or a regular weeknight meal. The flavor is fantastic!
One of the first cookbooks I ever owned was Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home. I discovered this book when I was in my early twenties working for the Jesuit Volunteer Corps. Money was tight and idealism was high, and Moosewood fit right in with the scene.
This potato dish was an early cooking staple in my first kitchen. I lived in Houston at the time, and this simple recipe worked for any crowd. I think I used to eat it as a main dish. Somehow I got by without protein back then. 🙂
These days, I serve this roasted vegetable medley as a side dish. The red wine vinegar yields a delicious flavor, and I’ve adapted just a few elements of the Moosewood version. I like to use a mix of colorful potatoes from my farm share, and I swap fresh chives for the rosemary in the original recipe. You can use any herbs you have on hand to give these vegetables an extra boost of flavor.
Easy Roasted Vegetable Medley
- 2 lbs potatoes (e.g. red, fingerling)
- 2 medium bell peppers chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- Fresh chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and boil a big pot of water.
- Cut the potatoes into bite-sized cubes, and add them to the boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes, then drain them.
- Place the potatoes, along with the peppers, mushrooms, garlic, olive oil, and salt in a large roasting pan. Stir the mixture to coat evenly with oil.
- Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are all tender. Stir every 10 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and pour the red wine vinegar over the warm vegetables. Taste the vegetables, and add a little more salt or vinegar if needed. Sprinkle with fresh chives and/or other herbs. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Roasted Vegetable Medley Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $6.97, or $.44 per half-cup serving. Try this easy roasted vegetable medley for a healthy side dish on Thanksgiving or any other night of the year!