This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
I got some beautiful fingerling potatoes in my farm share this week. There are so many ways to enjoy these little beauties, and one of my favorites is this fingerling potato salad.
Maybe it’s the Irish in me, but I really can’t get enough of all things potato. This is a recipe that my family loves. It presents nicely when made with different colored potatoes.
Fingerling Potato Salad
- 3 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 4 scallions diced (white part only)
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1/4 cup organic mayonnaise
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp celery seed optional
- fresh chives for garnish
- Chop the potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces and steam them in a large pot until tender but not mushy (about 10 minutes). I use a steamer basket in a large pot filled with boiling water about 2 inches deep.
- Chop the scallions and celery, then place them in a large bowl. Add the cooked potatoes and stir them gently with the vegetables.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and red wine vinegar.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes while they're still warm.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh chives. Serve warm or cold.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Fingerling Potato Salad Price Breakdown
This recipe costs $4.55 to make, or $.57 per 1-cup serving. This fingerling potato salad is a delicious, healthy side dish that goes well with so many different kinds of meals.