This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This Instant Pot Potato Salad is such a delicious side dish! This healthy recipe is so much easier to make in a pressure cooker. (gluten-free, dairy-free)
I’m never making potato salad on the stovetop again.
My family loves potato salad, but it’s a bit of a pain to make. Boiling the potatoes to get just the right texture is frustrating. Some potatoes are done cooking before others, and inevitably they turn out a little too mushy or a little too crunchy.
So I was so excited to discover that the Instant Pot yields the perfect texture every single time. With just a four minute cook time, chopped potatoes come out soft enough to absorb the dressing but solid enough to distinguish themselves from mashed potatoes. It does take between 10 and 15 minutes for the pot to come to pressure, but there’s no babysitting involved like there is with stove top potato salad.
I leave the skin on my red potatoes for a boost in nutrients, but you can peel them if you’d prefer. And if you like eggs in your potato salad, you can cook the eggs right along with the potatoes in the Instant Pot’s steamer basket. This recipe yields 8 cups of potato salad, or 16 half cup servings.
This Instant Pot potato salad really couldn’t be easier to make. I can’t wait to make it over and over during cookout season.
Try my Instant Pot German potato salad for another variation of this delicious side dish. And this Instant Pot cauliflower couldn’t be easier to make in your pressure cooker. It takes a cook time of zero minutes!
Instant Pot Potato Salad
- 2 pounds red skin potatoes chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 4 scallions diced (white and light green parts only)
- 1/3 cup organic mayonnaise
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard or your favorite kind
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chives for garnish
- Pour a cup of water into the Instant Pot, then add a steamer basket to the pot. Place the chopped potatoes and eggs in the steamer basket. Set the Instant Pot to 4 minutes on manual high pressure. Once it’s done cooking, do a quick release and remove the steamer basket from the pot using a pot holder.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl, and put the eggs in a bowl of cold water to cool a bit. Then peel each egg, cut in half, and remove the yolks to a small bowl. Mash the egg yolks with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, and mustard. Stir to combine evenly.
- Chop the egg whites and place them in the large bowl with the potatoes, along with the chopped celery and scallions.
- Pour the dressing onto the potato mixture. Stir gently to coat evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Instant Pot Potato Salad Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $3.90 to make, or $.24 per half cup serving. Try this easy red potato salad the next time you’re feeding a crowd. Everyone will love it!