This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This homemade Instant Pot apple cider is such a delicious drink recipe! It’s an easy sweet treat for the holidays or any time of year. Gluten-free, vegan
In the fall, one of my family’s favorite indulgences is apple cider. I love learning how to make things myself that people usually buy at the store, so when I discovered that I could make homemade apple cider quickly and easily in the Instant Pot, I knew I had to try it.
The flavor in this cider is beyond anything I’ve ever tasted in store-bought cider. Where I live in Massachusetts, a half gallon of plain, high-quality apple cider at the grocery store usually costs between $3 and $4. This homemade batch cost me $3.39 to make using discounted apples, and I was able to also include the additions of orange, cinnamon, ginger, and star anise to make a mulled cider. These extras give this drink the perfect flavor for the holidays.
This homemade Instant Pot apple cider is a bit lighter than the store-bought version, so it’s more refreshing. This batch yields a half gallon, which is about the maximum I can make in my 6 quart Instant Pot. If you have the 8 quart pot, you could increase the proportions a bit to make a bigger batch. It’s wonderful to have on hand for holiday entertaining.
Instant Pot Apple Cider
- 6 apples cored and cut in half (2 ½ to 3 lbs)
- 1 small orange peeled and quartered
- 6 cups water or to just cover
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 pieces star anise optional
- Remove the cores from the apples and cut them in half. Peel the orange and break it into sections.
- Place the apples and orange in the Instant Pot. Add the water, maple syrup, ginger, cinnamon, and star anise. Cover the pot and turn the knob to Sealing. Set the pot to Manual for a 15 minute cook time at high pressure. (Note: It may take up to 30 minutes to come to pressure.)
- After the 15 minute cook time is complete, let the pot come to a natural release for at least 15 minutes. At that point, you can release the remaining pressure. Mash the fruit with a potato masher, then strain the cider through a fine mesh sieve.
- Serve warm or cold. Store in the refrigerator.
Instant Pot Apple Cider Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $3.39 to make using discounted apples from the reduced produce cart at my grocery store. This comes out to $.42 per one cup serving. Try this Instant Pot apple cider for a delicious, refreshing homemade drink for fall and the holiday season.
Pin it here: