This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This chili roasted butternut squash is a delicious, healthy side dish. It’s a gluten-free, vegan recipe that may even convert a squash skeptic.
This time of year is full of so much good food. I love getting my winter farm share, but the volume of squash I get can be a bit overwhelming.
I’m not actually a big squash fan. But as with several other vegetables, I’ve found ways to enjoy it over the years. My favorite way to eat squash is in my squash chili. Somehow the chili seasoning makes it taste less squashy.
I recently discovered this even simpler preparation for squash. Topping it with chili flavors along with a little coconut sugar really makes it shine. I like to serve this chili roasted butternut squash over rice and beans. It’s such a simple, healthy, easy meal for a busy day. The leftovers are great for lunch, too!
Chili Roasted Butternut Squash
- 2 1/2 lbs butternut squash chopped
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop the butternut squash into ½ inch cubes. It’s important to cut the squash into uniform pieces so it cooks evenly.
- Place the squash in a large bowl. Pour avocado oil over the squash and stir. In a small bowl, stir together the chili powder, coconut sugar, cumin, and salt. Sprinkle the seasoning over the squash, and stir to coat evenly.
- Place the squash on a baking sheet with sides. Bake for 30 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Chili Roasted Butternut Squash Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $2.29 to make, or $.29 per half cup serving. Try this chili roasted butternut squash for a uniquely flavored side dish that will feed a crowd.
Pin it here: