This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These sweet chili pecans are a delicious, healthy treat for the holidays, and they make a great homemade food gift. Everyone will love this gluten-free, dairy-free snack.
Homemade holiday gifts are the best kind. We all love having special treats on hand during this busy time of year, and I try to make them a bit healthier than the typical holiday goodie.
These sweet chili pecans are a fun snack that you can nibble on without any guilt. They’re sweetened with coconut sugar, which is lower on the glycemic index than other sweeteners. Chili powder and vanilla extract round out the flavor in this higher protein snack.
These pecans have a bit of a smoky flavor from the caramelized coconut sugar and the chili powder. If you’d like them to be extra spicy, add extra chili powder or hot sauce. If you’re making these as a gift, I recommend sticking to the recipe the first time you make them. Everyone will love this healthy snack!
And check out my chili lime nut mix for another easy, healthy homemade snack for the holidays.
Sweet Chili Pecans
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1 medium egg white
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp good chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees and grease a cookie sheet that has sides.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg white and vanilla until frothy. Stir in the pecans.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the coconut sugar, chili powder, and salt. Sprinkle this mixture over the pecans, stirring to coat evenly.
- Spread the nuts on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally. They’re done cooking when the topping is set. They’ll continue to harden as they cool.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Sweet Chili Pecans Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $8.22 to make, or $.68 per quarter cup serving. Try these delicious sweet chili pecans for an addictive snack that you can feel good about eating.