This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
We love this Lentil Sweet Potato Casserole, adapted from Vegetarian Times. The colorful combination of vegetables and lentils is the perfect meal when we want to feel healthy again after we’ve been eating junkier food for a few days. I cut back the amount of curry and garlic, and I make it all in one casserole dish instead of aluminum foil packets. It’s a great combination of spicy and sweet.
This casserole is an easy make-ahead recipe for a busy night. You can prepare the ingredients during the weekend, and then all you need to do is put it in the oven when you’re ready to serve it.
Lentil Sweet Potato Casserole
- 2 cups chopped sweet potatoes
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 cup sliced green beans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 tbs diced ginger
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils
- Cook lentils according to package directions for a yield of 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the first four ingredients and the cooked lentils in a large bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour evenly over the vegetable mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a covered casserole dish.
- Bake covered for about 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Lentil Sweet Potato Casserole Price Breakdown
The total cost of this recipe is $4.52, or $.75 per one cup serving. Serve alone or with rice for an incredibly flavorful and nutritious vegan meal.