This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This healthy cole slaw is the perfect side dish any time of year. It’s healthier than the traditional mayonnaise-laden version you get at the diner.
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner, and that means cabbage is on sale everywhere. This cole slaw is one of my go-to cabbage recipes. It’s a simple, light, and nutritious recipe that complements many different meals.
This recipe can be stored in the fridge for several days, so it’s great to have on hand to add some extra veggies to your lunch plate. I love the light, vinegar and oil based dressing. It’s more refreshing than the traditional mayonnaise dressing that you typically find on cole slaw.
- 1 small head cabbage shredded
- 4 carrots grated
- 2 apples grated
- 3 tbs rice vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs honey or maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the cabbage, carrots, and apples together in a large bowl or storage container.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients. Pour most of the dressing over the cabbage mixture and stir to coat. Take a taste and add the rest of the dressing if you think it would help.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to let the flavors mingle.
Cole Slaw Price Breakdown
This recipe yields 9 cups for a total cost of $4.04, or $.34 per 3/4 cup serving. This cole slaw is a simple, delicious recipe that will add lots of produce to your dinner plate.
I’ve taken advantage of the cabbage sales also! Got two green and one red ready and waiting to be used up. The casserole dish sounds yummy!
Your cabbage casserole sounds so different and good.
These ingredients sound a bit strange together, but take my word for it – it’s so delicious!