This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite vegetables. My children like them too, so they’re a low-stress addition to any meal in our house. Not only do they taste delicious, but they’re also a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium.
These sweet potato fries are a delicious blend of savory and sweet with the addition of paprika. You could also use cumin or other spices to jazz things up a bit.
Sweet Potato Fries with Paprika
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into strips (1/4 inch - 1/2 inch thick).
- Place the sweet potato strips in a bowl and add the olive oil. Stir gently so that all the strips are coated with oil.
- Sprinkle salt and paprika evenly over the strips.
- Arrange the strips on a baking sheet, making sure the thickest pieces are on the outside and the thinnest pieces are on the inside.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes and then flip the fries. Continue baking for another 7-10 minutes, until they are light brown and beginning to get crispy.
- Cool slightly before serving.
Sweet Potato Fries Price Breakdown
This batch of sweet potato fries costs $1.69 to make, or $.42 per serving. It’s a wonderful side dish for many different meals, and it’s a nutritional step up from standard French fries.