Sweet potato pancakes for dinner. With a little fruit and bacon or scrambled eggs on the side, this meal is my secret weapon. It’s my go-to meal when when I need everyone in my house to be happy about dinner. It’s easy, it’s fun, it’s affordable, and it’s nutritious.
I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to beat this meal in the minds of my children. All is right with the world when this is our dinner. Of course, it makes a great breakfast too.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 medium sweet potato mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk dairy or non-dairy
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Add the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour batter onto a hot griddle to make 4-inch pancakes, and flip when the surface is dotted with bubbles. This recipe makes about 14 pancakes.
Sweet Potato Pancakes Price Breakdown
These pancakes cost a total of $2.44 to make, or $.61 per serving. I make these all the time because my family loves them, but it also doesn’t hurt that they’re so affordable!