This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These gluten free apple pancakes are the perfect fall breakfast! My family loves this healthy recipe for an autumn morning.
During the fall, my family likes to eat ALL the apples. Really, we can’t get enough of them. We go apple picking every fall, and even after coming home with a ridiculous amount of apples from a local farm, we’re ready to go apple picking again a couple weeks later.
These gluten free apple pancakes are one of the many ways we enjoy the fall harvest. I love the cinnamon flavor along with the warm apple topping. These pancakes are so quick and easy to make.
Gluten Free Apple Pancakes Tips
I like to make these pancakes between 3 and 4 inches wide. This is an easy size to flip, and it makes for a hearty serving size. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to get the right amount of batter.
You can make the apple topping ahead of time, or make it in the morning while the pancakes are cooking. It’s a delicious alternative to maple syrup.
This batch yields four servings, but you can easily double it if you want to have leftovers. Just warm up the pancakes and apple topping before serving. They taste just as good the next day!
And try some of my other gluten-free pancake recipes for more delicious breakfasts any time of year. There are so many flavors to enjoy.
Gluten Free Apple Pancakes
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, applesauce, coconut oil, and coconut milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine, then fold in one of the chopped apples.
- In a small skillet, simmer the other chopped apple in the maple syrup over medium low heat for about 5 minutes, or until the apple begins to get tender. Turn off the burner and cover the skillet to keep the topping warm.
- Pour the pancake batter onto a hot griddle. I recommend a 3 to 4 inch diameter, which facilitates easy flipping.
- Once all the pancakes are cooked, divide them among four plates and top each one with the cooked apple topping. Serve with additional maple syrup if desired.
This recipe costs $4.83 to make, or $1.21 per serving. My family loves these delicious gluten free apple pancakes for a healthy breakfast.