This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This spicy fall sausage lentil stew is a healthy dinner recipe that highlights fall flavors in a hearty comfort food meal.
This post is in partnership with World Market.
There’s nothing like fall in New England. I love spending time outside with my family during this time of year, enjoying the cooler weather and beautiful foliage. And after a day of outdoor adventures, we all like coming home to a hearty meal for dinner.
This fall sausage lentil stew highlights some delicious fall flavors from my local Cost Plus World Market. Wandering through their grocery section is one of my regular “me-time” escapes when I find myself out shopping.
I’m lucky to live near the Framingham MA store, one of the bigger Cost Plus World Markets in New England. They tend to have lots of fun seasonal items throughout the year. (Find your local store here.)
This stew includes their autumn lentil mix, dried mushroom blend, extra virgin olive oil, and Pomi tomatoes.
The secret ingredient that brings the flavor to the next level is their chipotle barbecue spice blend. Even though barbecue season is behind us, this seasoning mix is the perfect sweet and spicy addition to a fall stew.
Fresh vegetables from my farm share make this a healthy, one pot meal. If you don’t want it to be very spicy, use just one teaspoon of the chipotle blend, or substitute other seasonings according to your tastes. Either way, you’ll love this hearty, healthy dinner.
Try my butternut squash fritters for another delicious fall dish.
Spicy Fall Sausage Lentil Stew
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb sausage sliced
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 lb potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 cup Pomi tomatoes
- 2 cup Mushroom Bistro Blend
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups Autumn Blend Heirloom Lentils
- 2 tsp Chipotle BBQ Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste if needed
- In a large pot, cook the onion in the olive oil over medium heat until translucent. Add the sausage and cook until it’s brown and cooked through.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, mushrooms, chicken broth, lentils, and seasonings to the pot. Cover and bring just to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer gently, partially covered over medium low heat, for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the lentils are cooked and the vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Cost Plus World Market. All opinions are my own.