This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This Smoky Red Lentil Stew is a flavorful, healthy, simple dish that comes together quickly. Lentils are a good source of protein and fiber, and they can easily soak up a variety of seasonings. The smoked paprika gives this stew just the right kick, but be sure to adjust the amount of paprika if you have a very spicy version.
Garnish this stew with chopped cilantro, scallions, and/or a dollop of plain Greek yogurt. If you have leftovers, freeze them in single-serve portions for a busy evening.
Smoky Red Lentil Stew
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 4 cups broth
- 1 1/2 cups dried red lentils
- In a soup pot, sauté the onion in the olive oil over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the carrots and celery to the pot, and saute until all the vegetables are tender.
- Add the seasonings and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the broth and the lentils.
- Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. The stew is done when the lentils are tender.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Smoky Red Lentil Stew Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $3.74 to make, or $.62 per serving. Smoky Red Lentil Stew is a delicious meal that supplies a healthy dose of protein and flavor.