This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These vegan gluten free brownies are so delicious! The key to getting fudgy eggless brownies is to use rich ingredients like coconut milk and pure maple syrup.
Brownies are the perfect comfort food. One bite of chocolatey goodness can make my problems seem a little smaller.
These vegan gluten free brownies avoid many of the top allergens, but they don’t taste like it. The rich, fudgy texture is just what you’d expect from a classic brownie. This recipe is a great one to make if you’re serving a mixed group of people with various food preferences, allergies, or intolerances.
Vegan Gluten Free Brownies Tips
Eggs help to give traditional brownies their rich texture. I use a flaxseed egg, along with coconut oil, coconut milk, melted vegan chocolate chips, and pure maple syrup to replicate that fudgy texture in these eggless brownies.
For the gluten free flour, I like King Arthur’s gluten free flour blend, as well as Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour. My homemade gluten free flour mix is another good option for these vegan gluten free brownies.
Sprinkle mini vegan chocolate chips on top of these healthy brownies before baking them. This gives them an extra boost of chocolate flavor, along with a beautiful presentation.
Let the brownies cool in the pan before cutting them. It’s tempting to cut them while they’re still hot, but they settle and become dense and fudgy after they’ve cooled. They’re still great the next day, but it’s a good idea to freeze the extras if you won’t eat them within 2 days.
Try my vegan blondies for another decadent vegan dessert.
Vegan Gluten Free Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8×8 inch pan.
- In a small pot, melt together the coconut oil and ½ cup chocolate chips over low heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flaxseed meal and water. Set aside to thicken.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, stir together the coconut milk, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, flaxseed meal mixture, and coconut oil/chocolate mixture. Stir in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips on top, and bake the brownies for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before cutting into brownies. (For large brownies, cut into 9 squares. Or cut into 16 smaller squares for more modest servings.) Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days, or freeze for later.
Eggless Brownies Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $6.55 to make, or $.73 per serving. Try these easy vegan gluten free brownies for a delicious, healthy chocolate treat.