This gluten-free chocolate zucchini cake is a healthy summer treat that you can feel good about eating. Such a delicious gluten-free dessert recipe!
We get lots of zucchini from our farm share every summer, and it’s one of those vegetables that my family just doesn’t love. Unless it’s wrapped inside a cake, that is.
I make this gluten-free chocolate zucchini cake all the time. It never lasts long, and I admit that I often end up eating more than my share. I just can’t seem to walk by this cake without taking a sliver. The texture and flavor are so good.
If you’d rather make muffins, these chocolate zucchini bites are very similar. And if you still have some zucchini left, try this carrot zucchini bread. Everyone will forget that they’re eating zucchini!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Zucchini Cake Tips
I like to use allergy-friendly chocolate chips in this chocolate zucchini cake. You can leave out the chocolate chips for an even healthier version.
Most gluten-free flour mixes should work well for this cake. You could also use regular flour or white whole wheat flour if you’d prefer a wheat version.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, maple syrup, applesauce, and coconut oil. Stir in the zucchini.
- Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl. Stir together to combine. Stir 3/4 cups chocolate chips into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining 3/4 cup of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This recipe costs a total of $10.77 to make, or $.72 per serving. Try this chocolate zucchini cake for a delicious, guilt-free summer dessert.