This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This easy gluten free blueberry crumb cake is such a light, delicious dessert recipe! The blueberry flavor is irresistible.
Blueberry cake is one of those treats that we enjoy all year long in my house. It’s great when fresh blueberries are in season, but it also tastes just as good using frozen blueberries.
This gluten free blueberry crumb cake is one of my favorite ways to enjoy blueberries. It’s a classic cake loaded with blueberries. The crumb topping is one I adapted years ago from a Moosewood Restaurant cookbook. I use it on fruit pies and crumbles, too. It’s a versatile topping full of nutritious ingredients like oats and shredded unsweetened coconut.
As gluten free baked goods go, I don’t think this one tastes especially “gluten free.” The texture is great, and it lasts for several days. Everyone will love this cake.
Gluten Free Blueberry Crumb Cake
- 2/3 cup oats
- 2/3 cup whole grain cornmeal
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9-inch square baking pan (or similar).
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Slowly add the flour mixture, alternating with the coconut milk. Gently stir in the blueberries. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- To make the topping, mix together the oats, cornmeal, coconut, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add in the coconut oil and maple syrup, then mix to combine. Distribute the topping evenly on the cake batter.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the topping is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.