This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This healthy carrot zucchini bread recipe is such a delicious snack full of veggies and flavor. Bananas give it extra sweetness.
The volume of carrots and zucchini that I’ve been bringing home from my farm share is getting to be overwhelming. My kids are especially hesitant around zucchini, so when in doubt, I bake it into a snack. Chocolate zucchini cake is a popular option.
This healthy carrot zucchini bread with banana is another delicious snack recipe full of veggie goodness.
Healthy Carrot Zucchini Bread Tips
The cinnamon and vanilla extract add a great flavor to this recipe. You could also include a bit of nutmeg.
I use a cup and a half of each grated vegetable, but you could easily add a little more zucchini, carrots, or a combination.
The recipe calls for white whole wheat flour. Gluten-free flour works well in this recipe, too.
This healthy carrot zucchini bread freezes well, so I put the cooled second loaf right in the freezer and save it for a week when I’m short on time.
Healthy Carrot Zucchini Bread
- 3 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 medium banana mashed
- 2/3 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- Grease 2 8x4 inch loaf pans and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, syrup, banana, melted butter or oil, water, and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients and stir to combine evenly.
- Stir in the grated zucchini and carrots.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaves comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Carrot Zucchini Banana Bread Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $6.00, or $.30 per slice. If you’re looking for a way to add some extra vegetables to your snacks, try this delicious, healthy carrot zucchini bread recipe.