This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
My new book, Conquering Your Kitchen, is now available on Amazon. I’m so excited to share this cookbook and guide with you. It walks you through everything you need to know to plan meals, shop, and cook real food with confidence. The book includes 80 easy, delicious recipes, and all of them take 30 minutes or less of hands-on preparation time. Who wants to spend more time than that in the kitchen? I know I don’t. 🙂
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is one of my favorite new recipes from the book. It brings together the flavors of a traditional Greek salad. Quinoa adds whole grain protein to the dish, so it can be served on its own for a light lunch or dinner. This salad is a great take-along dish for a potluck, and it will keep in the refrigerator for several days.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Ingredients for Salad:
- 4 cups cooked quinoa (8 ounces dry quinoa)
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives chopped
- 1 small cucumber chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 tbs diced red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 4 leaves of basil for garnish
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Rinse the quinoa and cook it according to the package directions.
- Prepare the other salad ingredients except for the basil and stir them together in a large bowl. Add the cooked quinoa.
- Stir together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl to combine well.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and stir. Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired. Garnish the salad with chopped fresh basil. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $6.74 to make, or $1.12 per one cup serving. This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is a delicious recipe to make for a light dinner on a warm summer night.
What are your favorite ways to eat quinoa? Please share your suggestions in the comments.