This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This cranberry squash quinoa salad is a delicious fall side dish. It’s a great recipe for Thanksgiving dinner or post-Thanksgiving leftovers.
Quinoa salad is one of my favorite easy lunches to have on hand. I make a big batch at the beginning of the week, and I don’t have to think about what to make for lunch during the days ahead. Quinoa is a high-protein grain, so it helps to keep me full well into the afternoon.
This Cranberry Squash Quinoa Salad showcases some of the best flavors of fall. Cranberries and winter squash are classic fall fare here in New England, and the sweetness of this dish tastes almost decadent.
This salad would make a delicious side dish on Thanksgiving. It’s also a great way to use up extra cranberry sauce after the big feast is over. Taste this dish as you go and adjust the salt as needed.
Serve this quinoa salad warm or at room temperature. It keeps for several days in the refrigerator.
Cranberry Squash Quinoa Salad
- 1 lb delicata squash or other winter squash
- 2 tbs olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 cups dry quinoa
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup cranberry sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- salt to taste
- 1 tbs snipped chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Peel the squash and cut it into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place the squash in a roasting dish and pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil over it. Sprinkle with salt, then place the pan in the oven. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the squash is tender. Different types of winter squash will take longer than this.
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Different varieties require different cook times, but it’s typically 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and the balsamic vinegar over the warm quinoa. Stir in the cranberry sauce. Taste and sprinkle with salt if needed. Gently add the squash, and garnish with chives. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Cranberry Squash Quinoa Salad Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $4.90 to make, or $.82 per one-cup serving. Make a batch of this delicious side dish for a healthy dose of fall flavor.