This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Nothing says summer like a sweet, dripping slice of watermelon at a backyard party. Everyone in my family loves watermelon, which is a good thing because we get a lot of it in our farm share. I mean a LOT. I come home from the farm with a cute little melon week after week during the summer. Eventually we get tired of eating it by the slice, so I get creative. I make agua fresca for a refreshing drink, and I also love to make watermelon salad.
This stacked salad highlights the delicious watermelon by pairing it with savory flavors. Feta cheese is a perfect complement to the sweet fruit, and balsamic vinegar brings it all together. When shopping for feta, I recommend buying it in one piece rather than buying the pre-crumbled version. The crumbles are typically treated with an anti-caking agent that’s an unnecessary additive.
This salad has just four simple ingredients, and it presents beautifully. If the little ones in your house claim that they don’t like salad, try this one. I think they’ll change their minds.
Stacked Watermelon Salad
- 8 watermelon circles approximately 1 lb., 3 inch diameter by 3/4 inch thick
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Cut the watermelon into 3/4-inch thick slices. Using a 3-inch cookie cutter or glass, cut out 8 watermelon circles.
- Set up four plates, and set one circle on each plate.
- Place 1/4 cup of chopped lettuce on top of each watermelon circle.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of feta cheese on each pile of lettuce.
- Place the remaining 4 watermelon circles on top of each lettuce pile, then top with the remaining lettuce and feta. Sprinkle each salad with 1/4 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Serve immediately.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Watermelon Salad Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $2.94, or $.74 per serving. This stacked watermelon salad is a delicious way to move past the basic watermelon slice on your summer menu.
For more ideas about how to enjoy watermelon, visit the National Watermelon Promotion Board.