This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These blueberry scones are a delicious treat that’s just sweet enough. They’re bursting with blueberries and full of whole grains. You can serve them with tea or send them off in a school lunchbox as a snack. A little butter on a warm scone is one of life’s simple pleasures.
My husband doesn’t typically like scones because he thinks they’re too dry. This version is soft and tender, so it passes his texture test. This healthy snack or dessert recipe is a great way to use fresh blueberries, but it works well with frozen berries too. If you want to serve these scones for dessert, sprinkle the tops with a little maple sugar before baking, or drizzle with maple syrup after baking.
- 2 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the flour, baking powder, and salt in a food processor fitted with the dough blade and process to mix.
- Cut the cold butter into small slices, and add them to the food processor. Process until you have a crumb-like texture.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the maple syrup, yogurt, buttermilk, and egg. Add them to the food processor through the opening at the top and process briefly until a smooth dough forms. The less you process it, the better. The dough will be sticky, but you should be able to handle it. If it’s too sticky to handle, add another tablespoon or two of flour.
- Transfer the dough to a mixing bowl. Add the blueberries to the dough and stir or knead briefly to distribute them evenly.
- Divide the dough into 12 round pieces, and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Blueberry Scones Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $3.54 to make, or $.30 per scone. These delicious blueberry scones are a healthy snack that’s full of whole grains and antioxidants.