Taco salad is one of my favorite healthy, family-friendly meals. I start with lettuce, beans, and tortilla chips, and I add a variety of vegetables along with salsa vinaigrette. If your children are particular about their vegetables, you can easily make the base salad and everyone can add in the vegetables they like.
This is a delicious no-cook meal for a warm summer night. It’s a great way to use up leftovers from taco night.
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs salsa
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 3)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups seasoned black beans
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 3 scallions diced
- Add the first three ingredients to a small jar. Shake to combine.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the remaining salad ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to cover evenly. Enjoy!
Taco Salad Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $5.66 to make, or $.94 per serving. For less than a dollar per serving, you can enjoy this delicious, healthy salad as an easy summer dinner.