This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Chipotle tortilla soup is a delicious, affordable meal that we enjoy often in our house. This recipe is a great use of leftover grilled chicken, and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
The chipotle gives this soup a nice kick. You can add even more to make it spicier, and substitute different vegetables depending on what you have on hand. I love the simple, comforting flavor combo in this soup.
Chipotle Tortilla Soup
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots diced
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 lb grilled chicken breast chopped
- 1 tsp chipotle in adobo sauce
- 5 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz tortilla chips broken up into bite-sized pieces
- 2 scallions chopped for garnish
- 2 tbs cilantro chopped for garnish
- In a soup pot, sauté the shallots in the olive oil over medium heat for a few minutes, until tender but not brown.
- Add the carrots, corn, chicken, and chipotle in adobo sauce. Stir together and sauté for a minute.
- Add the chicken broth, salt, and pepper and simmer the soup for 10 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the tortilla chips. Stir them into the soup until they have wilted.
- Garnish with scallions and/or cilantro. Serve immediately.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Pin it here:
Note: This recipe was originally created in 2012 in partnership with Frito-Lay in support of their gluten-free products. The recipe and images have been updated.