Carrot soup is a delicious, flavorful addition to the dinner table that highlights fresh produce. The sweet, savory flavor appeals to children, and it’s full of nutritious veggies. This big batch freezes well, so you can make it ahead of time and then pull it out of the freezer on a busy night. I love the bright color of this soup.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 lb chopped onion
- 2 lbs chopped carrots
- 1/2 lb peeled chopped potato
- 6 cups broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- In a large pot, sauté the onion in the olive oil until translucent.
- Add the carrots and potato, and cook covered over medium low heat until they begin to soften.
- Add the broth and orange juice, and season with salt. Start with one teaspoon of salt and add more at the end if needed.
- Gently simmer for about 40 minutes, until the vegetables are very tender. Puree with an immersion blender and serve warm.
Carrot Soup Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $3.43 to make, or $.49 per one-cup serving. This soup is an easy, delicious dish that goes well with many different main courses, and children love its sweet flavor.