This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These carrot and zucchini fritters are the perfect way to use fresh summer produce! Their unique flavor makes them hard to resist.
At this time every year, my produce drawers are overflowing with vegetables from my farm share. When we start getting tired of roasted vegetables and salads, I try to get a bit more creative.
These carrot and zucchini fritters are a delicious, unique way to get veggies onto my dinner table. My family doesn’t love roasted zucchini, but they’re happy to eat it in fritter form. While chocolate zucchini cake is probably their favorite way to eat it, it’s nice to have a savory option like this one, too.
It’s easy to prepare these fritters using a mixture of eggs and gluten-free flour as the binding agent. I like to include diced nuts for texture, but you can leave them out for a nut-free version if you’d prefer.
You can substitute other grated vegetables in this recipe according to what you have on hand. Hard vegetables like turnips, radishes, broccoli, cauliflower, and kohlrabi all work well. Use about a cup of grated vegetables along with the other ingredients to make these flavorful fritters.
Carrot and Zucchini Fritters
- 1/2 lb carrots grated
- 1/2 lb zucchini grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts finely diced
- 2 tbs diced onion
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbs olive oil or avocado oil
- Grate the carrots and zucchini, and place them in a large bowl. Add the diced walnuts and onion, and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, flour, and salt. Add the egg mixture to the vegetable mixture and stir.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Form the carrot zucchini mixture into patties using about 3 tablespoons of batter for each pattie. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Repeat until all the fritters are made. (Yield: 12 fritters)
Carrot and Zucchini Fritters Recipe Price Breakdown
This recipe costs $3.60 to make, or $.90 per serving (3 fritters). Try these carrot zucchini fritters for a unique healthy side dish that everyone will love!