This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These easy carrot fritters are such a delicious side dish! There are so many flavors going on in this healthy gluten-free recipe.
I rarely cook carrots. They’re one of the few veggies that everyone in my family likes raw, so why mess with that?
But when I saw a recipe for carrot fritters in Savory Magazine, I was intrigued. My aversion to cooked carrots was overtaken by my curiosity about this idea. Nuts and chives and carrots together in one place? I had to try this.
Imagine my surprise when I couldn’t stop eating them! The sweet, savory, crunchy combination is so delicious.
I adapted the recipe according to what I had on hand, and I made them gluten-free. I’m so glad to have discovered this new side dish. I’ll be making it often when I get a big pile of carrots from my farm share this summer. They’ll be great to have on hand in the freezer for a night when I need an extra vegetable for dinner.
- 1 lb carrots
- 1/2 cup pecans finely diced
- 2 scallions diced
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- Grate the carrots and place them in a large bowl. Add the diced pecans and scallions, and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, then whisk in the flour and salt. Add the egg mixture to the carrots, and stir gently to combine.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Form the carrot mixture into 1/4 cup patties. Cook for 3 minutes on each side. Repeat until all the fritters are made.
Carrot Fritters Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $3.87 to make, or $.97 per serving. Try these easy, delicious carrot fritters when carrots are in season.
And if you have lots of zucchini coming from your garden, check out this similar recipe for zucchini carrot fritters.