This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This gluten free lemon bread is bursting with delicious flavor. Try this easy recipe for a light, healthy snack.
I love having healthy homemade snacks on hand to get my family through the day. I feel like we’re so much better off eating snacks that we’ve made ourselves, and it’s nice to have treats that we can feel good about eating.
Lemon is one of our favorite flavors, so this gluten free lemon bread doesn’t last long in my house. The bright lemon flavor and tender texture of this snack cake are irresistible.
I love the sweet, tangy taste of the maple lemon glaze. I brush it onto the bread while it’s still warm so it soaks into the loaf. Every bite of this bread is delicious, but the “edge” bites are the best when you get a big taste of the glaze.
Check out my gluten free raspberry lemon muffins for another delicious, fruity snack. I never get tired of lemon treats!
Gluten Free Lemon Bread
For the Bread
For the Glaze
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a standard loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, coconut milk, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Then add in the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- During the last few minutes of baking, stir together 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to make the glaze. As soon as the lemon bread is done baking, remove it from the oven and pour the glaze on it while it’s still warm in the pan. Brush the glaze across the loaf with a pastry brush to distribute it evenly.
- Let the bread cool completely before removing it from the pan.
Gluten Free Lemon Bread Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $5.27 to make, or $.44 per slice. Try this gluten free lemon bread for a light, delicious, healthy snack.
Pin it here: